EducationUSA Academy is a three-to-four week summer academic program which provides English language courses, college preparatory content, tours of diverse colleges and universities, and cross-cultural activities for self-funded 15- to 17-year-old students from around the world. Students receive an overview of secondary and higher education systems in the United States and the U.S. college/university admissions process, develop critical thinking and leadership skills, and participate in enriching cultural and social activities. The long-term goal of the EducationUSA Academy is to create a pipeline to U.S. higher education for international high school students who may not have considered undergraduate study in the United States. The U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs is pleased to have a cooperative agreement with World Learning to administer the Academy.
For more details, please visit the http://www.edusaacademy.org/
2016 EducationUSA Academy Host Institutions:
(Click on a host institution name to be directed to its corresponding Academy webpage and application)
- Diablo Valley College (Pleasant Hill, CA)
- Lewis and Clark College (Portland, OR)
- Northwestern University (Evanston, IL)
- Syracuse University (Syracuse, NY)
- Temple University (Philadelphia, PA)
- University of Arkansas (Fayettville, AR)
- University of Colorado Boulder (Boulder, CO)
- University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa (Honolulu, HI)
- University of North Georgia (Dahlonega, GA)
- Washington University in St. Louis (St. Louis, MO)
Approximately 1 month
Eligibility and Application Overview
Public applications are accepted.
- Be students (currently enrolled or recently graduated), ages 15-17;
- Have an intermediate level of English or approximately 3 years of middle to high school English language study (Note: language requirements may vary slightly by institution);
- Be mature and self-disciplined students with a commitment to active participation in the Academy and its programming;
- Be non-native English speakers, non-U.S. citizens, and reside outside of the United States;
- Have sufficient personal funds to cover university fees and international airfare
*Application timelines vary by host institution (please refer to the institution of your choice for its specific deadline).
Please contact your local EducationUSA adviser if you have questions about or need assistance completing an EducationUSA Academy application. To find your local EducationUSA advising center, please visit the http://www.educationusa.state.gov/